02 June 2009

D70s




Those of you who know me well will realize what a stretch it is for me to say this... I own a digital camera by choice. Jonathan surprised me with a Nikon D70s. It is a digital SLR body that I can use with my lenses from my N4004. I will be taking photos at a special wedding next month which was a great excuse to take the plunge into the digital world more seriously. Also, I have not been able to practice my darkroom skills or for that matter my film skills either.  So, now with the digital SLR I will be able to practice without breaking our bank. We have been saving money here and there as we sold the extra stuff that has been just collecting dust and cluttering our home. It is always hard for me to buy the bigger purchases but we are so excited for me to pursue a passion that has been sitting on the back burner waiting for me to pay it some attention.  I'm not giving up on the black and white darkroom magic but in this season of our lives it will have to wait. 

I want to stretch myself so if you have an experiment or specific shot you would like to see let me know and I would love to take a stab at it. Please email me or leave a comment, and I will get back to you.